As your State Senator for District 9,
- I will introduce legislation for the creation of a ‘blue ribbon’ commission to conduct a thorough review of New Hampshire’s tax system, and to make recommendations on how we can make the system fair for all citizens.
- I will vote against any bill that increases property taxes.
- I will vote against any attempt to limit voting rights.
- I will vote for an increase in the minimum wage.
- I will oppose private school vouchers.
- I will vote for a resolution calling on Congress to pass a constitutional amendment overturning the Citizens United Decision.
- I will vote to make our university system affordable to every New Hampshire student who is qualified to attend.
- I will vote for a public financing option for candidates, and vote to change our laws so that PACs can contribute no more than individuals.
- I will fight to end gerrymandering by creating a non-partisan re-districting commission.
- I will vote for common sense gun control.
- I will vote to repeal the death penalty.
- I will vote for renewable energy.
Mark's OP ED's
New Hampshire has the second-highest property taxes per capita in the nation. The citizens of New Hampshire pay a…
If you served in the legislature and had to choose between what is good for the State of New Hampshire and what is good for your party, what would you do? Our legislators faced this test last year…
In 1991, five communities—Claremont, Franklin, Lisbon, Pittsfield and Allenstown—sued the state, arguing that the education funding system was unconstitutional. The plaintiffs won the first round…
Making Maple Syrup and Saving the World - ten small ways you can help the planet.
Maple syrup production in the United States peaked in 1860. This had nothing to do with agricultural…
Take $63 million from the public schools and give it to people whose children do not go to public school.
That, in a nutshell, is what Senate Bill 193 would do. The bill was approved by…
“The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” So said NRA President Wayne LaPierre just after the Sandy Hook massacre. If a ‘bad guy’ pulls…
The primary purpose of unions is to gain better pay and working conditions for workers.
The primary purpose of so-called ‘right to work’ laws is to destroy unions so that big businesses can…